As your Representative in Congress, I am committed to finding meaningful solutions to our healthcare problems.
Obamacare does not offer the solutions we need for our country’s healthcare problems. The President’s plan costs $1.2 trillion and will vastly increase the national deficit while numerous budget gimmicks included in the law will increase costs for many Americans. The Administration has failed the American people with this healthcare plan and they have failed with the agency they chose to implement it.
The IRS is responsible for implementing the tax increases of Obamacare and will make the final decisions of who is eligible for subsidies after sharing taxpayer information with the Department of Health and Human Services. However, over the past several years the IRS’ targeted conservative groups who applied for 501c4 status, purposely delaying the applications.
The IRS violated the public trust and cannot be relied on to implement Obamacare, which is why I introduced H.R. 2125 The NO IRS Implementation of Obamacare Act. We cannot allow an agency that has politically targeted Americans to have access to private healthcare information and responsibility for determining the healthcare of millions of people.
- Obamacare must be repealed.
- I believe reform of our healthcare system must ensure that access to available high-quality, affordable health care should be the standard for every American.
- Any health reform must allow for direct patient choice of doctors, care, and insurance options and preserve existing patient/doctor relationships. Patients and consumers should have their choice of care, therapies, insurers, and providers. No government policy or office should dictate how patients receive health care.
- Healthcare reform cannot burden or favor one sector of the population or one sector of the economy over another. Over-taxation and unfunded government mandates will not ensure quality care or coverage.
- Any reform of our healthcare system by government should not stifle or weaken research and development for medical products and therapies. Competition and innovation will maintain America's leadership in pioneering treatments and cures, as well as keep costs down.
- Before undertaking massive reform, we must address cost control in care, entitlement programs, and ensure that all Americans have access to the best quality care available. I support a health care system that allows individuals the opportunity to actively participate in decisions that affect their family's care and reduce the government's role in private care.
Filtered by Health Care
WASHINGTON – Today, the House of Representatives voted to pass H.R. 2575, Save American Workers Act, a bill c...
WASHINGTON– This afternoon U.S. Representative Bill Shuster (R-Hollidaysburg) joined “The Real Story wi...
WASHINGTON– Today, with support from U.S. Representative Bill Shuster (R-Hollidaysburg), the House of Represe...